Friday, October 29, 2010

Quick Update on TROOP 7192!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in posts - so much is going on right now with the United Way Campaign, which is really keeping me hopping during the daytime.

I have to say I am so excited for this year and such a great group of girls! The first meeting was a little bit of chaos and a lot of fun!  We had some great help there thanks to two Cadette helpers - Korrie Kennedy and Megan Rose.  The older girls enjoyed teaching the younger ones some daisy songs.  We talked about what it is to be a daisy, recited the Girl Scout promise, planned for our upcoming hiking trip and made a fun snack for our trip too!

I have all of the forms finally turned in and have turned them over to our service unit leader.  Your checks should be cashed soon - and I opened our Daisy troop account as well at Educational Credit Union with our troop dues to get us started.  We have about 1/2 of the girls' dues in, so if you haven't done it yet, please bring it soon so we have a little money to keep the fun going until the cookie money comes in.

And, onto cookies! Sales begin this Saturday.  If you would like to get started this weekend, just send me an email or give me a call (785) 817.2633.  I've made myself available between noon and 1 p.m. at my home for you to sign permission slips and pick up the cookie forms.  There is no minimum, but please do not allow your scout to go door to door.  Safety is the most important thing! 

Cookies cost $3.50 / box.  We do not collect any money upfront.  We will turn the forms into Martha (our cookie mom!) during our November meeting on the 18th - so SELL, SELL, SELL!!!

Many of you are getting the vests and smocks - if you want to order anything with the troop number 7192.  Thanks for everything you do and for allowing your daughter to be a part of scouting!

No comments:

Post a Comment